Or in this case the AMAZING Mandy over at A Nerdy World nominated me for a Liebster award. I am always really bad at responding to these but I’m trying my best to be better about it. So thank you SOOOOO much Mandy (if you don’t follow her, you should. She’s the greatest). <3
What is the Liebster Award? You may ask?
The Liebster Award is given to bloggers with relatively small followings by bloggers with relatively small followings to show their love for each other. The award both helps readers get to know the recipient a little better (through the Q&A) and introduces readers to blogs they might never have heard of (through the nominations).
For the most part the rules change from person to person. But I’m just going to copy Mandy’s rules because they seem pretty basic and simple:
- Link back to who nominated you.
- Answer their fun questions.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers that have less than 200 followers.*
- Create 11 questions to ask them.
- Notify your nominees.
*Similar to Mandy, I feel like keeping track of who follows me is just going to drive me insane with what I “should” be doing to get more followers, instead of writing what I want and hoping other people like it.
So here are my questions from Mandy!
- Who’s your favorite celebrity to follow on Instagram? I’m probably going to have to go with Ashley Clements from Lizzie Bennet Diaries (haven’t watched it? DO IT NOW!!!). Because she posts an incredible amount of pictures of her cats and never misses a caturday post.
- If you could visit any point in time—past or future—where would you go? I’d like to be a fly on the wall while JK was writing Harry Potter. That would be kind of amazing to witness.
- What book’s world would you most like to live in? HARRY POTTER! Or, I’d love to be part of Cinder‘s crew
- Where are you from/where did you grow up? Born and raised in Utah. All over the valley, stayed within the same state.
- Do you prefer coffee or tea? Depends on how early I had to get up. XD If I have a morning meeting at 7am and had to get up at 5am then usually a caramel mocha from the local coffee shop. If its a day of reading and writing, a chai latte from the same coffee shop.
- What fashion type or item do you wish would come back in style? I’m not really the most fashionable. I’m not entirely unfashionable, I’ve just never really had anyone help me navigate the murky waters of the industry and styles for me… Did that answer the question? No? Crochet looking dusters?
- What’s your favorite color? Purple! I wear an insane amount of purple.
- Unpopular opinion time: What nerdy thing (show, book, fandom, etc.) do you just not understand? Walking Dead. I TRIED SO HARD!!! But Zombie’s just don’t do it for me.
- What finished book series would you like to see more books from? Meg Cabot’s Heather Wells Series. I’m not sure if she’s writing more or not, but I’d love to see more of Heather Wells and her shenanigans.
- Dogs or cats or … ? EWOK KITTIES!!! (though I love all animals)
- What movie did you watch the most times in theaters? How many times did you see it? Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. My best friend and I went and saw that movie at LEAST once a weekend for the entire run it had in the dollar theater in our area. I think I saw it in the theater 14-17 times (to be fair, it was only $1 to go each time).
There are so many amazing bloggers out there right now so I’m going to nominate a lot of them. I know that a TON of you have been nominated before so if you’re too swamped to do this feel free to pass. I won’t take it personally! I’m pretty sure most (if not all) of you have over 200 followers, but there is a reason for that. BECAUSE YOU’RE AMAZING, so I’m gonna nominate you anyway!!!
| ObsessedGirlFan | The Nifty Nerd | Gingerbread Sagas | NerdJoy | Mermaid Vision Books |
| Adorkable Me | Xo_Mermaid Kisses | Nerd in the City | Nerdette at Large | Seven Deadly Cynics | Synthpop Circus |
Okay! And my questions!!!
- What TV show do you miss the most?
- If you could swap places with a book character who would it be?
- What fandom do you most identify yourself with?
- Who shot first, Han or Greedo?
- Favorite Childhood Movie?
- What song do you turn up as loud as possible and just belt when it comes on?
- Would you rather go for a ride in the Impala with Sam and Dean, or in the TARDIS with the Doctor?
- Werewolves, Vampires, Banshee, or…?
- If you were a superhero, what would your symbol be?
- Favorite holiday?
- What is your comfort movie?
Thank you again for the award Mandy!