Eleventh Day of Geekmas: Eleven Supernatural Repossessions

♪ On the Eleventh Day of Geekmas, my fandom gave to me… ♪

Eleven Supernatural Repossessions

day112

The Supernatural Fandom terrified me in the beginning. The fandom itself was about 80% of the reason I didn’t get the show a chance until a few years ago. The other 20% was because it looked to scary (I really dislike scary movies, so I didn’t think I’d like a TV show). Then one day my friend told me that the first three seasons are the scariest and then after that it’s less “Monster of the week” and more “We just screwed up the world, let’s go fix it”. So I sat down and started watching.

I fell hard for this show in the beginning and once Castiel came into the picture, I was a goner. This is a show that tends to surprise me. Not only is it a show that I can pick out a ton of actors from my other favorite shows (Stargate, Battlestar, Eureka), but it’s a show that makes you think one way about the characters and then goes the opposite way of your thinking.

Supernatural has been a pretty big conversation point with my family. My mom started watching it last year, and my aunt, cousins and I frequently talked about it before that. It’s been a bonding show as more people start watching it.

This year my husband decided to start watching the show. It’s be difficult for me to keep my mouth shut about my favorite parts that are coming up, or favorite episodes. But the best part about him starting to watch is that I can now make references to the show and he understands them! For instance, we bought a new Christmas tree this year and I asked him if I could put my Castiel Funko Pop on top of the tree and he just laughed at me but agreed.

An angel on the top of our tree. #supernatural #castiel #gaileynerdytree

A photo posted by Anna Gailey (@nerdyalerty) on Dec 5, 2015 at 3:54pm PST

 

What has this fandom brought to you?


Ten Sailor Scouts
Nine Pokeballs
Eight Replicating Cylons
Seven Magical Books
Six Direwolves
Five Lightsabers
Four Crystal Gems
Three Charmed Sisters
Two Jumping Plumbers
and One Ring to Rule Them All!


LINK UP!

If you don’t know what this is, check out the intro post here. Feel free to join any time for any of the posts.

I’m so excited for everyone to participate and I can’t wait to see what these fandoms have given you! If you’re participating in the link up, post the link to your post in the link below!

click to follow me on Bloglovin!
click to follow me on Bloglovin!
  • Pingback: Introducing… The 12 Days of Geekmas! | nerdy alerty()

  • Ahahahahahaha! I love the Cas on top of the tree!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

  • I was the same away about the Supernatural fandom. I was already Sherlocked and a Whovian, so the Supernatural fans were always on the fringes of what I was into and they were INTENSE to say the least. Now that I’ve given the show a chance I can totally see why! I’m now obsessed. And may be considering putting a Cas on top of my tree next year.

    • The fandom was incredibly intimidating. Which is crazy because the Doctor Who fandom is just as scary. I think I was afraid to take on both of them at the same time. Of course, now that I’m hooked I can see the reason why everyone loves it so much!

  • Pingback: Twelfth Day of Geekmas: Twelve Regenerating Timelords | nerdy alerty()

  • While I love the show, I feel like I’m not too involved with the larger SPN fandom community, outside of the bloggers I know who are fans. I think the first five seasons are my faves, and I do love how this show is constantly poking fun at itself. It’s such good fun!